effective November 20, 2011
The “Essential Collection” - What You Should Know About budtobud Privacy
- We may use personal information like your name, email, gender, date of birth, profile, geo-location and usage information to provide the budtobud Services, for example, your email address becomes your username when you register.
- We only share or disclose your data to 3rd parties when necessary to provide the budtobud Services or when you approve of the sharing, i.e. via use of Facebook Connect or for credit card purchases.
- We may use or share with third parties aggregate non-personally identifiable information to deliver ads or sponsorships in the budtobud Services.
- Data sent to our servers is encrypted via SSL protocols.
- We don’t sell your personal data to third parties. We may share or exchange non-personally identifiable aggregate data with third parties.
- We will scrutinize third party requests for information about you for compliance with the law, including those coming from governmental agencies or civil litigants. We may disclose information about you to the government only when we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to do so to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or lawful governmental.
- We retain your personal data for only so long as necessary.
How we collect and use personal information
We will use your personal information (i) to provide the products and budtobud Services that you have purchased or requested as defined in the budtobud Terms of Service and the display of customized content and advertising), (ii) to communicate with you concerning your account, customer service issues and budtobud products and budtobud Services, (iii) to personalize and improve the budtobud Services , (iv) to ensure the technical functioning of our products and budtobud Services, (v) to develop new products and budtobud Services, and (vi) to protect the copyright-protected content of the budtobud Service and relevant third parties (e.g. by limiting access to the budtobud Service content to users with a budtobud account).
How we share information with others
Unless you give us your explicit approval in advance and except as we’ve described in this policy, budtobud, we will only share your personal information as necessary to:
- Provide you with the products or budtobud Services that you have purchased or requested.
- Enforce the terms and conditions of the budtobud Terms of Service.
- Comply with laws, regulations and any applicable court orders or to respond to or comply with litigation matters or other legal process.
- Allow delivery of advertising and promotional content.
- Allow us to use a third party to perform surveys measuring your experiences and use of our budtobud Services (not permitting the third party to use your personal information for any other purpose).
- Allow us to share aggregated statistics about use of the budtobud Services with parties with whom we do business. We will not, however, share personally identifying information with these parties or any other third parties, except under the narrow circumstances described above.
Transfer of personal information to other countries
We take a number of steps to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access. For example, we ask you to use a unique and strong password and not to share this information with anyone. In addition, we use encrypted transmissions to limit access to the systems that store your personal information. Further, we respect and comply with applicable laws and regulations on data protection. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your user access name and related password. While we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Children´s personal information
The budtobud Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age you should not use the budtobud Services, and under no circumstances should you provide personal information to us. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will immediately delete that child´s information from the budtobud Service.
Access to personal information and corrections
You can access and update some of the personal information we keep on you through the budtobud Service or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request upon verification of your identity within a reasonable period of time, and to the maximum extent practical.
English version prevails
Copyright © 2012 budtobud, Inc.